CITY OF NORFOLK PURCHASING
Required Registration In order to provide contractual services to the City of Norfolk, you must first register on the Norfolk Vendor Self Service System Website, located on the Purchasing Department's website. You should also sign up to be notified when new bid opportunities are posted. To do so visit: http://www.norfolk.gov/list.aspx?Mode=Subscribe#bids. If you need assistance, the Customer Resource Center can be reached by email at or by phone at 757-664-4787.
City of Norfolk Purchasing Sites
- Click here for current Bids, Notices and RFP’s for the City of Norfolk.
- Click here for current Business Opportunities for the City of Norfolk.
Required Registration Information In order to provide contractual services to the Commonwealth of Virginia, you must go to Virginia State Buyer website and register at Virginia's Procurement Portal (EVA) and provide the following information:
- Descriptors for your business and location names that buyers will recognize:
- The Headquarter Legal Name of your company is what buyers search on.
- The location name is the sub search that they do to distinguish between different ordering locations.
- U. S. Tax ID: This is the 9 digit Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) or Social Security number used by the organization.
- If you are a foreign Vendor please follow the instructions to provided additional information on the website.
- DUNS Number.
- Address that orders should be sent to- street address; e-mail; telephone and fax numbers; address where solicitation invitations should be sent.
- Address where invoices or bills should be sent.
- Primary contact person for each address; contact name; street address; e-mail; telephone and fax numbers; other staff that you want to setup with logins.
- Registration Administrator - Identify the person who will update and maintain your eVA account.
- Commodity Codes that describe the products you sell.
- Service Areas- areas of the state where you would be willing to sell.
- Charge card(s) information.- It is to your advantage to accept charge cards, in particular MasterCard. MasterCard is the standard state purchasing card. Localities may use other types of charge cards. If you do not know the credit card level when prompted, please select. If you accept MasterCard, please send an e-mail with your Tax ID and other company info to and the vendors list will be updated for you.
State Procurement Site
- Virginia State Procurement Site- Click here for the Procurement and Contracting Site for the Commonwealth of Virginia.
Required Registration Information In order to provide contractual services to the federal government, you must register with Dun and Bradstreet (DUNS Number) and System for Award Management (SAM). To register for a DUNS number, go to http://fedgov.dnb.com/webform or call 1.866.705.5711. You will need the following information:
- Legal Name
- Tradestyle, Doing Business As (DBA), or other name by which your organization is commonly recognized
- Physical Address, City, State and Zip Code
- Mailing Address (if separate)
- Telephone Number
- Contact Name
- SIC Code (Line of Business)
- Number of Employees at your location
- Headquarters name and address (if there is a reporting relationship to a parent corporate entity)
Once the process of obtaining a DUNS number has been completed, you must then go to https://www.sam.gov/portal/public/SAM/. Select "CREATE USER ACCOUNT" to begin. Federal Procurement Sites
- Federal Acquisition Jump Station- The below link lists Procurement and Contracting Sites for all United States Federal Agencies. http://prod.nais.nasa.gov/pub/fedproc/home.html