The City of Norfolk and the Commonwealth of Virginia offer a variety of business incentives to ensure business growth and sustainability. These include incentives that are determined by the business location, and others that are offered citywide. The Economic Development Department is ready to assist you and your business in learning about these incentive programs:
Virginia's Enterprise Zone program provides state and local incentives to businesses that invest and create jobs within Virginia's enterprise zones, which are located throughout the state. Norfolk's Enterprise Zone boundaries were last updated in 2016.
Norfolk's Enterprise Zone Administrator is Aleea Slappy.
The interactive map below shows Norfolk's Enterprise Zone boundaries. Type an address into the search box to zoom to the property and view the Enterprise Zone boundaries.
If you have any further questions, please contact the Economic Development Department at 757-664-4338.
- Real Estate Tax Abatement Program
- Virginia Economic Development Partnership
- U. S. Small Business Administration
- State Corporation Commission
- Virginia Department of Business Assistance
- Virginia Department of Small Business and Supplier Diversity (SBSD)
- U.S. Department of Commerce, Minority Business Development Agency
- Hampton Roads Procurement Assistance Center
- Hampton Roads Small Business Development Center
- Virginia Business Incentives
- Business USA
- Brownfields Redevelopment